Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 24, 2011

I can't think of a title more apropos than the one I'm giving this entry. That date, that day will always be memorable. It's definitely one of the best days of my life.

I can't really divulge the details but suffice it to say that I will always be grateful to the Almighty Allah for that day. I've waited for it to happen for like...forever. I waited too long that I thought it would never happen. I'd almost given up hope that I considered forgetting it entirely.

But then it happened. It just happened. So fast and very unexpectedly.

Indeed, everything that's worth waiting for happens at the right time...or more appropriately, in Allah's time. If it's His will, no one or nothing can stop it from happening. The universe will conspire. Everything will just fall into place. And before you know it, it's there, unraveling itself in front of you, so fast that you'll have no chance to absorb it or let it sink into your head that it's all real.

OK, I know I'm not making any sense right now but I guess it's because I'm still in shock (the good kind). I'm still reeling from it. And it's given me a reason to smile like silly everyday (even when my days have been crappy lately).

Shukran, ya Allah, for that day. Shukran for all the blessings. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment